Over the last 10 years the number of women-owned businesses have grown five times faster than the national average. Women are now the majority owners of 38% of the country’s businesses, up from 29% in 2007. With this level of success, there is no wonder that many awards and grants have been created to help with the development of women-owned businesses.
At USAmeriBank, our Women Entrepreneurs team is continually made aware of many programs that benefit woman executives and are excited to share some of the more interesting initiatives.
- The Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant - The Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant supports innovative, women-owned companies that are ready to expand their business and show potential for positive social impact. On an Annual basis, the foundation awards up to 10 grants that each total over $10,000.00. Grant recipients are invited to New York City for two days of learning and celebration with the Eileen Fisher community. Initial applications open in April and request basic information about the business, the entrepreneur, and the business practices.
- FedEx Small Business – Think Bigger Grant - The FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is a grant program sponsored by FedEx that awards ten (10) small businesses with grants up to $25,000. Any for-profit small business that has been in continuous operation for over six (6) months and has less than 100 employees is eligible to enter. The entry period for the contest starts in February of each year.
- INNOVATEHer Challenge - This business challenge is sponsored by the Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Women’s Business Ownership and the Sara Blakely Foundation. The challenge awards three winners a total of $70,000 in prize money. Business qualify by displaying their products and services that make an impact on women and families. The entry period for the challenge starts in December of each year.
- Amber Grants - The Amber Grants began in 1998. It was launched by Womensnet to honor the memory of a young woman (Amber) who died at the age of 19 who was unable to fulfill her entrepreneurial dreams. This program makes a $500 grant to one qualifying woman business owner each month. Monthly award winners are entered to compete for a $1,000 grant at the end of each year.
- #GIRLBOSS® Foundation Awards - The #GIRLBOSS® Foundation awards one grant biannually to a female entrepreneur who is pursuing a creative endeavor. Each grant beneficiary receives project funding of $15,000 and additional exposure through the #GIRLBOSS® digital channels. Grants are exclusive to female business owners in the design, fashion, music, and arts industries. The entry period for the award is January and July depending on the individual biannual award.
USAmeriBank’s Women’s Entrepreneurs (WE) offers special banking programs and networking opportunities that are specially designed for women entrepreneurs in Florida and Alabama. Contact our team today at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-800-949-5666 to discuss how you can take advantage of these opportunities and become a member of USAB WE.